What is Email Marketing?
A process of sending marketing emails to a target audience. Marketing emails are usually sent out to an existing customer database to build customer loyalty, brand awareness and generate repeat sales.
HOW TO CREATE AN EMAIL MARKETING CAMPAIGN?
1. Set your campaign goals. Before designing your email template, think about what you want to achieve. Is this aligned to your company's wider marketing goals? Do you want to drive website traffic? Or promote new products? Your goal will determine the type of campaign, your audience, marketing message and how you measure success.
2. Build your customer list. If you don't have an existing mailing list, it's time to start one. Targeting repeat customer is more cost effective than convincing and acquiring new customers. Building an email list requires two ingredients; an incentive and a simple subscription process. You need to give customers a reason to sign up (e.g. discount on first purchase) and an easy way to subscribe.
3. Use a professional email template that has a structured layout, attractive visuals, is easy to read and mobile responsive. Research shows that an average person has an attention span of 8 seconds. Your email should deliver the headline and key message in that short span of time.
4. Write an eye catching subject line to increase open rates. Be concise, clear and specific. Focus on only one important takeaway. The subject should tell the reader exactly what to expect in the email without having to open it. And place the most important word(s) at the beginning of the subject line. Lastly, set a dateline for the promotion to motivate customers to take action.
5. Email copywriting. Summarize your content into easy-to-read sections. Write a persuasive marketing message leading to a clear call-to-action. Ensure that your content is relevant to subscribers by segmenting your email lists and customizing each email.
6. Send bulk emails. Engage a reputable bulk email service provider so that your emails will not get blocked by email service providers. If you expect a high response rate, send your emails in smaller, manageable batches.
7. Measure the results. Use email marketing analytics reports to monitor and analyze key metrics such as delivery, open, click, bounce and unsubscribe rates. And constantly fine tune your email layouts, marketing messages and call-to-action for your email marketing campaigns.
EMAIL MARKETING ARTICLES
Stay updated with the latest marketing trends, technologies and consumer preferences.
Follow us for exciting new articles and resources!